[Solved] Question about Clouddriver and Kinds

Hi,

I am building out a new k8s cluster from the ground up on AWS, and tried reusing all my yaml files from my previous installation but I’ve realized there might be differences with later versions of Spinnaker.

k8s : v1.10.6
spinnaker: v1.9.5

I have noticed that my clouddriver continues to check for Kinds, and it takes forever.

2018-11-15 02:41:53.402  INFO 1 --- [           main] c.n.s.c.k.v.s.KubernetesV2Credentials    : Checking permissions on configured kinds... [apiService, clusterRole, clusterRoleBinding, configMap, controllerRevision, customResourceDefinition, cronJob, daemonSet, deployment, event, horizontalpodautoscaler, ingress, job, pod, podDisruptionBudget, replicaSet, role, roleBinding, namespace, networkPolicy, persistentVolume, persistentVolumeClaim, secret, service, serviceAccount, statefulSet, storageClass, none]`
 2018-11-15 02:43:36.309  INFO 1 --- [           main] c.n.s.c.k.v.s.KubernetesV2Credentials    : Kind 'apiService' will not be cached in account 'my-k8s-v2-account' for reason: 'Job took too long to complete'
 2018-11-15 02:45:19.024  INFO 1 --- [           main] c.n.s.c.k.v.s.KubernetesV2Credentials    : Kind 'clusterRole' will not be cached in account 'my-k8s-v2-account' for reason: 'Job took too long to complete'

I don’t ever recall running into this before. Cloud drive will keep trying until all the Kinds have been tried. I haven’t let it go all the way yet due to my impatient nature, but I’m letting it run all the way through to see what’s going on.

Could someome tell me what is happening here? I did see a place in the hal config to omit Kinds but don’t want to play around with things I don’t understand.

Thanks!

I was thinking this could be related to RBAC because I remember having troubles with RBAC and Spinnaker in the past so I made all new yml files for rbac based on the lastest docs, which included making the service account a cluster-admin.

I reinstalled everything by running:

hal deploy clean
hal deploy apply

I have even tried this with v1.10.4

Thanks!

Alright all, figured it out.

hal config provider kubernetes account edit my-k8s-v2-account --service-account true

Everything works!

Thanks to this doc: