Inconsistent setup for application deletion

I did manage to deploy an application with Spinnaker applying the following manifest:

apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
  name: catalog
  namespace: stage
spec:
  ports:
    - port: 80
      targetPort: 8080
  selector:
    app: catalog
  type: NodePort
---
apiVersion: apps/v1
kind: Deployment
metadata:
spec:
  replicas: 3
  selector:
    matchLabels:
  template:
    metadata:
      labels:
    spec:
      containers:
        - image: gcr.io/my-proj/catalog
          imagePullPolicy: Always
          ports:
            - containerPort: 8080
---
apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
kind: Ingress
metadata:
spec:
  backend:
    serviceName: catalog
    servicePort: 80
`

Everything works fine until this point.
However, as next stage, I’d like to delete all services, deployments and ingresses within the stage namespace.

For this purpose, I did try to setup a Delete (Manifest) stage, defining the targeted namespace and using names/values to map:

• deployment : catalog
  • ingress : catalog
  • service: catalog

However, even saving the stage configuration, Spinnaker does not retain the namespace information:

Could you help me in figuring out the issue? Is it a bug?
Thanks, SZ

@subzeno: Spinnaker doesn’t propagate namespace information between stages, so you’ll need to explicitly specify the namespace in the following stage. (It’s possible, for example, to deploy manifests to multiple namespaces in a single Deploy operation—and even to deploy something with the same name to multiple namespaces, in which case it might not be clear which one the delete stage should refer to.)

In my case, Spinnaker does not save the namespace information even after explicitly provided.

First:

Right after (even if saved), the namespace field appears empty.

Is it as expected?

Any update about this issue?

Thanks, Cheers, SZ

The namespace field shouldn’t be clearing out…I just tried this myself and it’s working. I’d suggest opening an issue in github with detailed replication steps if you’re seeing that field not working. Thanks!